We at The Roar are proud to announce our first photography contest! Submissions are open for all grades, 7-12. The theme of the contest is: “What makes you happy?” As we begin the dreaded stretch between February and March with little to no Jewish Holidays to break up the work,The Roar wants to take a moment to remind everyone about what makes us each happy. Your submission can be as simple as an artsy photo of your comfy bed, an adorable snap of your dog, or an extravagant piece composed of your dog on your comfy bed. The topic is completely up for interpretation. Be creative! Submissions are due onFebruary 10th, 2017. . Submissions will be open for people to vote on the following week, and the winner will be decided by the end of the day on Friday, February 17th. The winner of the contest will receive a $20 Starbucks gift card plus have the The Roar’s cover photo on Facebook changed to the winning picture for a week! Email Noah Cohen (firstname.lastname@example.org) to submit or ask any follow up questions.
Rules for applicants:
- 2 submissions per applicant maximum
- No obscene or inappropriate images
- All photos must be taken by the applicant (must be in grades 7-12 and currently attend Milken Community High School)
- Editing software may be used to apply filters and/or color correction.
Recap of Deadlines:
- Submissions due February 10th, 2017.
- Voting during the week of February 11-17th, 2017.
- Winner Decided on Friday, February 17th, 2017.
EMAIL SUBMISSIONS TO NOAH COHEN (NCOHEN653@MILKENSCHOOL.ORG)